This chart shows that:
- The cost of electricity, gas and other fuels has risen much more strongly than house prices.
- House prices represent good value versus energy costs.
- Rents and maintenance costs have kept pace with with house prices.
- The volatility of capital prices v consistency of rental growth.
- Rents tend not to fall as house prices can.
- Relative to each other, house prices, rents and maintenance cost the same today as they did in 2003 and 2008.
- How your point can be proved by choosing the time period.